Unitarian Universalism remembers range from men and women and you may gendered knowledge. These pages now offers suggests both you and your congregation can increase the greet and addition regarding transgender people, earliest significance, and extra tips.
- Prevent making assumptions regarding gender label or sexual direction.
- Value someone’s name and you can thinking-term, and you will admiration a person’s picked term and you can pronouns. Habit providing the pronouns after you satisfy new people.
- Do not guess good trans individual really wants to discuss trans points and just trans products. Take part him or her inside the talk and move on to know him or her as you perform anybody. Find out more about transgender label and you will gender range on your own (believe you start with new tips below).
- Keep in mind that “transgender” isn’t a sexual orientation and you will educate yourself and others into the the distinctions https://datingmentor.org/nl/indiase-dating-sites ranging from intimate positioning and you may gender title/expression. Don’t state “lesbian, homosexual, bisexual, and you can transgender” whenever you are merely taking about sex. Realize that an individual may select with more than one of the individuals brands.
- Explore terminology that involve all of the men and women rather than just two (e.g., “children” in lieu of “girls and boys”; “people” unlike “both women and men”; “siblings,” “kindred,” otherwise “siblings and you can sisters of the many sexes” in the place of “siblings”).
- Opinion your congregation’s regulations and procedures. Such, are sex-exclusive groups inclusive of trans folks? Would people with non-binary identities have a means to be concerned? When you use forms you to inquire about gender, is that pointers required? When it is, create an unbarred career preferably, and if maybe not, are the alternative “Transgender” and a fill-in-the-blank field, and enable people to examine multiple box. Look into the congregation’s regulations to own youthfulness events, the Safer Congregation Rules, and much more.
- Talk to people regarding sex diversity. Give years-compatible studies to expertise your sex title as well as how sex positions and you can norms play out in our society.
- Specify sex neutral bathroom(s) and you can identity every bathrooms inside an enticing way. Ensure that your cues using your space part how to the restroom possibilities.
- Would proceeded studies to suit your congregation especially with the transgender factors and sex range. You could potentially contemplate using one of the better curricula below, a motion picture showing and you will talk, a section discussion, and/or a sermon on the subject.
- Realize about regional and you can government rules and how to transform them when they perhaps not comprehensive (elizabeth.grams., non-discrimination regulations around employment, houses, borrowing, university and you may university admissions, and you will societal renting; label alter; and you can sex marker alter). Stick to the leaders out of local and you will national transgender organizations.
Basic Definitions Throughout the Intercourse Label
Our very own people has a tendency to restriction their understanding of sex to only a couple of choices: man and you will girl. Unitarian Universalism understands that there are many more than just a couple of genders, and you can a limitless style of gendered experience with the nation.
Brand new physiological services such as physiology, chromosomes, and you may hormonal you to modify if or not you’re male, female, or intersex. Where sex refers to biology, intercourse refers to the social and you may public understandings which can be layered towards the top of biology.
A person’s internal feeling of becoming men, a woman, none ones, each other, etc-it is one’s inner feeling of becoming and you may an individual’s very own insights regarding how you to relates to the fresh new gender digital. With the exception of agender somebody, whom commonly don’t have an inside sense of sex, people has a sex label.
The methods where a man manifests masculinity, womanliness, one another, or neither by way of appearance, decisions, skirt, address models, choices, and much more. So it name means exactly how men expresses their intercourse term and/or signs some one use to pick sex.